সর্ব-শেষ হাল-নাগাদ: ২৯ জুলাই ২০১৫
Share with :
আইসোটোপ হাইড্রোলজী ডিভিশন
Isotope Hydrology Division works in the following main themes:
- Investigations in surface-water and groundwater: their origin, dynamics, interrelations;
- Problems and techniques for investigating sedimentation;
- Water resources issues: pollution, source and transport of contaminants;
Determination of groundwater parameters by single-well dilution and multiple-well dilution technique using groundwater parameter testing instrument;
Studying the recharge mechanism of groundwater dynamics and hydraulics and relationship between different aquifer systems through the application of isotope techniques; and
- Isotope data interpretation and evaluation methodologies: modelling approaches.
Determination of the Relation of Saturated Hydraulic Conductivity with the Variation of Filtration Velocity in the Laboratory Model (IA-04-AECD).
- Studies on Groundwater Resources in Bangladesh using Isotope Tracer Techniques
- Grain Size Analysis of the Coastal Bay Samples for a Relation between Grain Sizes and the Sample Depths
Implementation of Annual Development Project “ Isotope Hydrology for Groundwater Resources Exploration “
- IAEA-TC research project “ Investigation of Coastal aquifer by Isotope Hydrology Techniques”(BGD/8/020)
IAEA-RCA research project “ Assessment of fresh water quality by Isotope Hydrology and Chemical Techniques”(RAS/8/104)
Studies on Investigation of Deep aquifer - under the framework of Bangladesh Water Supply Program Project (BWSPP) financed by World Bank.
Groundwater Parameter Detection/Testing Instrument (Model FDC-250A) using the radioisotope tracer: Measuring device for flow direction and other groundwater parameters
- Isotope tracer injector and water borne detector; equipment for sediment studies
- Neutron probe and its accessories; measuring device for soil moisture and density,
Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS), Total Organic Carbon (TOC) Analyzer, Flame Photometer, Microwave Digestion System (MDS), UV-VIS double beam Spectrophotometer, BOD & COD Analyzer for complete hydrochemical analyses
Electro-Chemistry Analyzer; For measuring pH, DO, Electric Conductivity, Redox Potential and Temperature etc.
Different industrial pollution through the application of single dilution and multiple Groundwater studies in the arsenic prone area and also in the area contaminated by dilution technique,
Mathematical models for the interpretation of environmental radioisotopes in groundwater systems and predicting the contaminant transport in the aquifer.
Modelling of flow dynamics in layered groundwater system – comparative evaluation of black box and numerical approaches. Simulation of groundwater age distributions.
Studies of leakage through the dams and reservoirs by isotope techniques, and simulate the leakage flow, predicting the probable direction of leakage and evaluating the protection strategies by numerical modelling